Hey there! so, i wanted to do some gift guides this year, obviously in an ideal world i could use my own pictures but i dont have that kind of money! so i will be using stock photos were i have too, anyway! with that out of the way, my first gift guide is for those in your life that struggle, mainly with mental health but you know it really could be anything!
1. Weighted blanket – These hit the scene about a year ago, and annoyingly they are still very pricey but from everything ive heard they are worth it! they are basically blankets that have been weighted inside so that they feel heavier than normal on you. This is meant to help calm down and ease anxiety, as someone with anxiety i can see this helping for sure!
2. Notebooks – I dont know about you, but with anxiety and the like its often nice to be able to just get everything out onto paper. Its someone ive done as a way to cope for years, writing everything down then tearing the page out and throwing it out. Also, as someone in therapy you need a notebook for that!
3. Buddybox – Buddybox have been around for a while now, and ive always wanted one but there a little out of my reach. Basically they are self care subscription boxes, you can also get one off boxes too with around 5 items. Its a perfect way to give someone something that reminds them that they matter or that they need to take time out sometimes. You can also buy subscriptions, i think if you really wanted to make sure someone was going to get a treat every month that would be a lovely thing to do.
4. Pamper products – I dont want to pick anything exactly because you will know what the person likes best! for me, i love face masks and body scrubs but i dont do bathes so bath bombs would be useless for me. Shower gels however! so basically just go for what would be pampering for them!
5. Netflix/Spotify subscription – Distraction is a very important part of having a mental illness, because sometimes thats the only thing you can do. Watching a show or movie or listening to loud music are all tried and true distractions, a subscription to help with this would be a welcome gift! also, if you know they are into it, a subscription to the MMO they play online is also a good one.
6. wax melter/candles/aromatherapy burner – Ive spoken about aromatherapy on my blog before, wax melts and essential oil burners as well. i really love it, and it helps me an awful lot, so you never know who else it may help! and beyond that, a nice smelling home is always good.
7. Quote jewellery – I have a few pieces of jewellery that have mental health quotes on, but my first item and the item that means the most to me is a bracelet a friend of a friend bought for me that says “my story isnt over yet” it sits on my desk, reminding me exactly that. Getting something like that means an awful lot, trust me! you can find jewellery like that on ebay and etsy.
8. CBD oil – Now this one you gotta be careful with, i would suggest only doing this if you know they have mentioned wanting to try it! but personally i would rather excited if i got it as i would love to give it a go, but always remember that CBD oil and any of this kind of thing isnt a cure, and dont make it seem that way!
9. A personal gift – By this i mean something like, a notebook full of all the things you love about them, or maybe from lots of people! things like that can mean the world in the darkest of moments.
10. Fidget toys – Last year fidget spinners hit the mainstream market and everyone lost there minds, but honestly fidget spinners and all the other fidget toys that are out there can actually be amazingly helpful! also if they like gemstones, worry stones are also brilliant, ive gone through a few over the years!
So there you go, i hope this helps and also, please remember that no one is just there mental illness, but it is nice to get a thoughtful gift!